PR Account Manager: Role overview
- Leadership & Team working – Required to manage team members effectively, delegating ownership of certain tasks where necessary but also setting a suitable example to other members of the team. Account managers must demonstrate and understand the importance of training and aligning personal development with the strategic goals of the business. Up, down and lateral management and delegation will be necessary to ensure the team works together effectively to deliver coverage to the client.
- Media relations – Expected to build upon relationships already forged with the press to develop both Punch and it’s PR campaigns. Account managers are also required to set an example to other team members in the way they represent themselves and the clients to journalists. Consulting – Account managers are required to be in regular contact with clients, offering advice and keeping them up to date on their PR campaign.
- Writing – Account managers should have the ability to write a variety of creative and compelling press materials to a high standard.
- Creative – Responding with fresh ideas to briefs and situations that occur to ensure clients are happy with the campaign Punch is presenting.
- Business development – Help the team prepare for new business pitches, undertaking research where necessary or attending meetings to help secure new business for Punch.
The Punch team is ambitious, professional, creative, respectful, responsible, transparent, and energetic. If you share these qualities contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 1858 411600.