We last reported on the major new Twitter layout in February, and it appears that the update is now beginning to roll out globally – but only to select or new accounts for now. Users reporting a new layout include The First Lady @flotus, French TV host @nikosaliagas and, of course, the official @twitter handle.
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
- The header image now comes in at 1500 x 500px.
- Profile avatars are now 400 x 400px.
- The background image will no longer be used.
Twitter confirmed that the improved layout would be available to all users in the coming weeks.